Cartography Introduction - My Post-Graduate Goals at UWF

    My name is Philip Stanley and I pursuing my Masters in Geographic Information Systems Administration at the University of West Florida. My predominant areas of interest are remote sensing and water resources management. Upon graduation, I am looking to enter the field of environmental planning and/or lending my services to Florida-based conservation groups such as the Coastal Conservation Association and Bonefish and Tarpon Trust. 

    I am an avid saltwater fly fisherman and have been employed in the tackle industry for the past six years. After seeing first-hand the issues that Florida's marine ecosystems face, I decided to build upon my undergraduate experience and lend my capabilities to finding the balance this state requires to maintain sound ecology amidst rapidly increasing development.

    I chose the University of West Florida due to their industry-immersive capstone course which will have graduates operating in the GIS field immediately prior to graduation. With my interest in the health of Florida ecosystems, this seemed to offer an advantageous 'kick-start' to entering the GIS work force within the state. 

    In the following link, I provide an ArcGIS Story Map highlighting my top-five favorite fishing locations in the state, their environmental importance, and brief statements about the current issues and threats they face.

Top 5 Fishing Locations - Story Map




Comments